Sunday, June 3, 2012
Activity 73- Find Someone WHO... Has the Answer!
picture credits: coloradoavalanchecares.com
Level: Basic and Intermediate
Skill: Listening and Speaking
Grammar point: WH- Questions
Material needed: Prepare slips of papers with WH- Questions and Answers. The idea is to have more slips than the number of students in class, for whoever matches more questions and answers, wins the game.
- Prepare a set of WH- questions with their corresponding answers;
- Hand out two slips for each student (a question and a different answer);
- Tell students they should walk around the class, trying to find the corresponding question and answer to their slips;
- When pairs find a match, they come to the teacher, show him/her their match to see if they are correct, and then get more slips with more questions and answers;
- The game goes on until there are no more slips left.
- Then ask the students to count how many slips they have and whoever has more slips, wins!
Source: Adapted from “Grammar Practice Activities”